This Committee currently meets on a monthly basis. The meeting falls on the 3rd or 4th Tuesday of the month at 10:00am est.
The only way for an individual to be enrolled or to be registered as a descendant is as follows:
- An application must be picked up at Tribal Administration in the office of Jackie Kang and filled out by the individual, parent, guardian or sponsors such as a social worker.
- Applications must be turned into the Enrollment Officer, Jackie Kang, no later than the Monday prior to a meeting date.
- The Enrollment Officer researches the application along with the required documents.
- The enrollment officer will only present completed applications to the Committee for review.
- Upon approval by all Committee Members, the applicant will receive verification of enrollment or descendancy within the following week.
- If applicant is denied enrollment, they may seek adoption into the Tribe during elections. Adoptions are made by a majority vote. The number of votes needed is determined by the number of votes casted, not the number of registered voters. This means if there are 200 votes casted, the individual would need 101 “yes” votes to be adopted. Elections are held every year in May.
You may contact Jackie Kang by phone at 906-723-2601, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at N14911 Hannahville B-1 Rd, Wilson, MI 49896.